Thread: Pit Bull
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Unhappy Pit Bull

I know there is huge controversy over the Pit Bull breed. I don't know how each of you feel about them. But I have a friend who has one. He is a big baby. Very loving to her and honestly don't think he could hurt a flea. She has put him through training and I have to say he is a pretty good dog. She told me today that her home owners insurance has dropped her. I asked her why. She was told she had to get rid of the pit or have no insurance. The only insurance that will take her is Farm Bureau. I guess I am a little shocked. She has never had a claim involving the dog. So, I guess my feeling is that I think there is some breed discrimination going on. I know that some pits have a bad reputation but does that mean that every pit is bad? And are pits the only breed that has had a history of this? I just think it is sad. She loves this dog and having to get rid of it is something she don't want to do. And wonder if anyone would even take it. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!