View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Requesting input on diet

My Miss Mini has ACID REFLUX, she currently takes 1/2 Pepcid and Sucralfate 2x daily. Its working wonders.

Miss Mini always was a finicky eater and somehow (unbeknownst to me) she ended up eating Natures Recipe Farm Stand Selects (human grade food) canned food.

Recently Miss Mini took to eating the new pup Miss Mia's Science Diet, sooooo I seized the opportunity and purchased Science Diet Lite for Miss Mini (needing to watch her figure)....unbelievable, but it worked- and after all these years of trying to get her to eat kibble!!!!

Now after scouring this board I'm doing my research on the Science Diet..and not so good right?? I'm surprised by the ingredient list since it IS Vet recommended.

On to my problem. Miss Mini has several environmental allergies (sadly her biggest trigger is human dander) and we have long suspected food allergies as well. We have been able to determine that chicken is not good for her (nor are grapes, but thats another story). Mini's treats are carrots and green beans. The Science Diet contains Chicken and grains etc., and while she does eat it, I am seeing changes in her, so a diet change is in order. I want to change the pups food as well.

Now I am pretty good at research, but have to admit this food research is extremely confusing.

Soooo...I believe that TOTW is the best food out there??

My pup has heart issues, any recommendations there?
Mini is on allergy shots (given by my husband) every 2 weeks, she has LP and haS had repair for severe Leggs Parthes so she has some stiffness there. She also needs to lose 1 1/2 pounds (darn Christmas season always ruins our diets!)...

So what does YT'ers recommend I do with this situation? Thanks in advance
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!