View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
akima
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Strange potty habbit

Hi there, I'm new here and just recently become the owner of a cute little yorkie female, we named her Winnie. She is a great little pup, sleeps all night in her crate, doesn't bark much, or wine at all.

When it comes to potty training her, i'm having a hard time. We are going with the pee pad training since we are in a highrise apartment and just felt this is the best way to go.

We've noticed for one that when we do go outside, it doesnt matter how long its been since she's gone she will NOT potty outside at all. It is winter now so she may just be too cold.

Anyways, the pee pad is in the kitchen under a counter. She ALWAYS ONLY "goes" in the kitchen, sometimes she will pee on the pad other times not, but if she pees on the pad she will not poo on the pad, actually lately she hasn't been pooing on the pad at all, but she still always goes in the kitchen. Another thing is she will not go if we are in there with her. I take her in there and put her on the pad when we wake up, after play time, after naps and say "go pee" and she'll circle around sniffing but after half an hour or so of trying i figure she just doesnt need to go so i go into the living room and she runs into the kitchen and does her business.

How do i train her if she refuses to go when i'm there??

I'll walk in after her sometimes and praise her and give her a treat if she went on the pad, but if she goes onthe floor i'm not supposed to get angry at her but how can i stop her from doing so?? HELP PLEASE.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!