View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
It was the blood test! I thought I had said that??
You did. I meant that question towards the OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlea View Post
I used the swabs but now I am thinking I should have used the blood test but there is no way I am drawing blood. . We brought the Wisdom DNA test for mixed breeds from Amazone. It cost approx. $80.00 plus change but that included taxes and shipping.
Well I'm guessing it's still pretty accurate-if you ever feel like blowing another $125 on a "science project" get the vet one and see if there is any difference in results.

I used a lesser brand (my vet did a cheek swab) to DNA my Schnorkie who was determined to be 60 some % miniature schnauzer and 40 some % Yorkie. Wait I mean the other way around which is weird because he looks like a Fraggle and is 21 pounds so I expected it vice versa...

I would like to do the more specific test in the future that will identify the breed of his parents and grandparents and see how that works.

If I were rich I'd LOVE to buy one of each test on the market and see what they all say, would it all be the same results-I've a curious mind like that, but not the wallet thick enough to satisfy the mind

P.S. (edit) the Pro version that takes the blood notes it is to be administered by your vet and they recommend just having it done during your annual visit it only requires a drop added that can be taken from the annual blood work sample so your dog only gets blood drawn once.

Last edited by concretegurl; 02-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!