View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Hi Lynn,

I can certainly understand your confusion (LOL). There seems to be an awful lot of hands in the pot, so to speak. This is the situation. My regular vet is a wholistic vet, the one who saved Muffins life when she had GME and actually got her back to normal and even got her eyesight back after an opathmalogist said she would never see again. However, she is about an hour away from me, and we both thought it wise that I have another vet which is local that she can consult with when it is either not possible to see her or the girls need immediate care. For the immediate care I have been using the ER, which is wonderful. They are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So I had been using them for everything I couldn't see my vet for, especially on off hours, which is when my girls usually need medical treatment or diagnosis. They are great, but using the ER for all the consults that I cannot see my main vet for is extremely expensive, and even though my wholisitc vet knows all the doctors in the ER and always consults with them for Cassie and Muffin, she is willing to also consult with a local vet in the area. Unfortunately there are no wholistic vets where I live, so I did some research a found a very lovely person and a good vet who is respectful of wholistic medicine and willing to consult with my main vet when necessary. So that is the story. Hope this clears things up. Muffin seems to be doing better so far. I am very guarded about this because she seemed to improve before and then the whole thing started all over again. Ever since the ER doc bathed her anals inernally with an antibiotic and antinflamatory and I am continuing with the oral antibiotic, I haven't seen any more symptoms so far. I ordered Perfect Form as a supplement so I am waiting to receive it in the mail. So I'm keeping my finger crossed we have finally crossed the threshold and Muffin is on her way to wellness. It was my wholistic vet who told me to get Perfect Form. She is the one that prescribed it for Muffin. Just waiting for it to come in the mail.
Thank you all for being so concerned and so very helpful. I am very grateful to have you all here with me.
Blessings to all,
Shellie Muffin and Cassie
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!