View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
honeycracker
Yorkie Yakker

Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFidgette View Post
I just ask b/c in a lot of countries they don't even allow tail docking. And, your English is perfecto! Also, can I give you some advice for next time? Try to find a breeder in El Salvador who knows what he/she is doing. They will also know a good vet and/or dock the tails themselves. Unfortunately when you just put two dogs together to have babies there can be complications, for example, the female having to have a C-section, and then the pobrecito dying. Reputable breeders will know all about the Yorkies in their line to make sure these things don't happen. I feel so bad for you right now, and I hope that you don't take what I'm saying to be "preachy." I just don't want you to have to go through this again.
In my country the rules to follow regarding Yorkshire Terrier Breeders are ruled under an association called ACANSAL which in spanish is Asociacion Canófila Salvadoreña which is a member of Federación Cynologique Internationale, FCI in Thuin Bélgium...It doesnt recognize however the FCI from Spain or any other clubs or pedigrees associated with it.

What amazed me in this case (the reason i wanted to post the story) is that im not an experienced breeder but i do my research since i love my yorkies as if they were my kids (which they are :P).

I talk to vets, i research online and have read books, and have even talked with other breeders....and in this case what I´ve found is that even reputable experienced breeders have taken their pups to vets and they have used anesthesia (general or local) on 3-7 year old pups.

However i thank you for your advice which is completely true and dont take it as preachy .

i guess in my country you can dock the tail if you want or leave it as it is depending on the owners preferences...however if you want your yorkie to fill the standard to be in competitions or shows the tail must be docked.

Ive never had a dog until three years ago when i fell in love with my first yorkie and i do my best to take informed decisions from even the smallest detail regarding their habits.....

Also i gave the vet a piece of my mind ....i dont take my babies there anyway i take them to a different vet which is a 24/7 hospital in case of any emergency.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!