View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Thanks guys! I had a great time!

Turns out I was the only one who signed up for the class! LOL! It was a 2.5 hour class at Joann Fabrics called Sewing 101. But I really did not mind being the only one. It was like a private class just for me. I got to ask all the questions I wanted and got the instructor all to myself. It was nice. My teacher was great! Very friendly and very helpful! We had a ball! The class goes over basic sewing stuff. We learned all the basics on a sewing machine. I kinda already knew most of this part but I did learn a thing or two and it was good to review. We went over different types of needles, threads, fabrics, and so on. Then we learned how to read patterns and how to use them. This is what I really needed help on since I have never done this. I even went out in the store and pulled the pattern that I had bought earlier in the week (the one for KS's dress I shared with yall) and went over it with her. She showed me so much and I am so glad! I am still a little lost on the different types of stitches that are listed on the pattern, but she went over all of them and I tried to remember the best I could. I hope I can do it. I am going to attempt my first dress this week. I got to thinking and I reckon' I am going to do my first try on some plain fabric. I need to do a test run before cutting into the nice fabric I bought. LOL. I have some plain pink fabric in my sewing desk that I may try to use. But all in all, the class was very helpful! I know I still have a lot to learn, but I feel like I am getting a good start. I'm excited!

And some fellow YT'er ( won't mention any names....tee hee ) told me about a sale that Hobby Lobby is having. All Simplicity patterns are on sale for 99cents each this week. So you can guess who is already making plans to drive to Hobby Lobby tomorrow.....

Last edited by southernbelle04; 02-07-2012 at 08:20 PM.
southernbelle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!