View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorksBrandy View Post
Hey everyone so tomorrow I'm getting Brandy fixed.... This is the first time I have a dog this little fixed... I had a pit and it was different because he was big.. can anyone help with advise for preping for it and after it.. I know she's going to be in a econe.. but I forgot for how long.. and the rules.. HELP
My nerves are getting the best of me that I feel like to cancel..

Ok let me start again.. I need help with preping for her..
what are the steps I should do.. I gave her a good bath today and cleaned her bed with clorox and let it air out.. and cleaned with water and baby soap. Cleaned her linen.. brushed her teeth..

Should I feed her the in the morning?
how long will she be down and out?
will she be in lots of pain? if so can I give her anything for it? and if so what?
what's the best care for the wound?
and will the econe hurt her?

I'm so lost I just want the best for my baby.. Again. please help
Your vet should have given you directions about feeding/not feeding before surgery. ZoE was not to be fed after midnight...like a gremlin

She was spayed around 10am and I picked her up about 4pm. She was obviously sore and groggy that day and the next and she slept alot. The vet gave her pain medicine to take home (and I also bought extra because ZoE was spayed prior to a holiday weekend & vet's office would be closed). She was only really out of it for a couple of days, then back to her normal self. I didn't use an econe as I used baby onesies on her to keep the wound dry and stop her from being able to lick it.

Wishing Brandy smooth surgery & a quick recovery. Let us know how she does.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!