View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
pff2008
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Need Help!! Good yorkie gone bad???or something else...

I have a 14 month old yorkie female named lexi. I have a family of 4 children two boys ages 20 and 5, two girls ages 16 and 7. My husband works all day and all the kids are in school so i spend all day with lexi bonding. within the last two months she has slowly been changing for the worst and I do not know how to correct this. first sign was that she started getting aggressive with my husband when he would take louder than normal and moving his hands alot not necessarily mad or yelling just louder. then when he would tell her to do something like down from the couch or bed. Or something like if we where leaving he would say time to go to your house(crate), she would get aggressive with him as in trying to bit and barking at him. then i started to notice not only did she do this to him but both of the other boys. then when my husband would get ready to leave she would get aggressive with him when he would put his shoes on to leave, okay maybe she wants him to stay but i don't think that is the issue. then just recently we thought that since she is doing so great at potting outside and we love her so much we let her sleep in our bed. she loved it but of course we where a bit nervous when she got up from bed so we slept light. not a good nights sleep for someone who during the work week has to get up at 4. So sunday night we decided that she should go back into her house so my husband could get sleep. When we told her it was time to go to bed and go to her house she ran from us hiding where ever she could to stay away from us. if we tried to catch her or reach for her she would bit and not a soft warning bit either. Okay, only i could pick her up but she did fight even me to go into her house. so the next week end thought okay lets try this agian and start friday night so we can get use to having her out all night long. we did not have to tell her twice that she could sleep in our bed. i got in bed, she got into bed and laid next to me then my husband came into the room and started toward his side of the bed and she charged at him bitting, barking, growling! i held her telling her it was okay and she finally let him into bed. later he had to go to the bathroom and when he got up out of bed she started agian bitting, barking, growling and jumping at him. she even chased him out of the room and i could not control her. the next night she headed to bed before us and when we went to bed my husband in his normal voice said no, time to go to your bed and reached for her and yep you guessed it, it was hands off mister i will rip you to shreds! I don't understand, i have taught her all obedient commands, gotten her chew toys for those problems, she has her own bed to lay in when in the family room. but i can not fix this problem. Please any advice!?! we love her and don't want anyone to get hurt, her or my husband. we don't want to get rid or her either. can anyone help me???
pff2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!