View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
dpatt
Yorkie Yakker

I have a 17 week old Yorkie I am training as a service dog and have done a lot of research on this to find out laws and requirements. I was very surprised to find out there are none, any dog or are you ready!! mini-pony can be a service animal. You are not required to have a license and they don't have to be certified in anyway, once more you can do your own training. They do recommend you identify your dog with a vest and carry vaccination papers with you if there is a question. It is against the law for anyone to ask you what your disability is for or for your dog to perform their service. In food establishments the state can't forbid them - Federal trumps the State. You must also remember they are not pets!! they are working animals. There are lots of places on the internet where you can buy service dog supplies, badges, patches, vests and ID tags so if you would like more info I would be glad to send you all kinds.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!