View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Poor Mini, now that she has minty fresh breath again, I can't stop kissing her!

She started walking me through the few days before that, literrally, what did mini eat that day, did you give her any treats, anything new, was she playing, what did she play with...they do this all the time when they can't figure it out. Literally ask me to go through each day! It works the way they do it!

Mini had woken me up the other morning dry heaving and then "spitting up" bile and a little clear fluid I said "but thats nothing unusual cause she's been doing that for a couple years and then shes fine, but thats not it cuz the bad breath started before" how is it now? she asked. "I said its much better than what its been" then she asked if she had been sleeping well, and I said "yes but shes been snoring alot, its so funny I even made a video on my phone of it" I showed it to her, and what I thought was snoring she pointed out was all in her throat, and what I thought was "dreaming" legs jerking etc., was discomfort from the irritated throat she had from the acid reflux etc., the "spitting up" bile was acid reflux.

She looked in her throat (wow that was a task for sure) you could easily see the irritation, then she explained to me why she thought it was acid reflux and she could do a scope but didn't think it necessary...but knowing me the way they do, I'd rather error on the side of caution, sure enough mini decided to burp and spitting up the fluids and sure enough that stuff reaked like minis breath...she said no need for a scope that is definitely "acid reflux" and now she is on sucralfate and Pepcid each day. I felt horrible because I should have figured this out sooner, the symptoms were there...

sorry so long, I'm just trying to explain how the vet works with me!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!