View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Post Info about Diamond Recall from my Feed Dealer

Boo the Boxer eats Diamond Lamb and Rice (NO CORN WHEAT OR BYPRODUCTS). Probably not the greatest food out there, but she has a sensitive stomach and it is one of the few feeds that she can tolerate. Anyway, with much concern I went to the feed store to buy another bag ..... I talked at length with our local feed dealer (really good guy, local businessman who takes care of his customers) He had one bag left. We checked the recall, then checked the dates, and everything seemed ok, so I went ahead and bought the bag.

I gleaned some very interesting information about Diamond and the way they do business. He wanted to return all of his remaining Diamond food for a refund, but DIAMOND refused to refund the cost of the feed, only REPLACE the bad feed with good feed.

He also told me that..... Diamond had called him TWO WEEKS BEFORE the recall and informed him of the problem. He contacted all of his regular customers and had them return the bad food. Can you believe that?

TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE OFFICIAL RECALL he was contacted!!!!! It sounds like they just allowed all of those dogs to die needlessly.

Last edited by admin; 01-17-2006 at 07:22 PM.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!