View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Oh I love to try that with the boys, I know Joey would love them. What do exactly do you say to the butcher? Do you tell him "Yorkie size" or so many inches? I did have a bad experience with a chicken neck and Joey, he tried to swallow it whole, and the chicken neck was just a little smaller than his, and got stuck, that was heart attack time. I thought he chew it, but no.
Wouldn't that be awesome if we could just be all "yep, cut 'em yorkie size, Mr. Butcher Man" -- love it ! I love these Bison Back bones...bc they're so safe for all 3 of mine (Wylie being bigger (7lbs) and Marcel/Pf being smaller). At Whole Foods, I get them in the pet food freezer. They're frozen and there is usually about 7-8 bones per meat deli package (about $11-12 for the 7-8). I take them back to the butcher, and I usually ask him to cut each bone into 3 pieces -- so you end up w/ 20+ plus bones sometimes. If some of the original bones aren't as big, those can be cut into 2, instead of into 3. When I get them home, I put 3 bones each per baggie, and freeze them until I'm ready to take out the 3-at-a-time.

The bison bones are very lean (unlike some marrow bones), have just enough meat (which you could also prob remove), and fit in their mouths for chewing only -- but they can't eat the bone.

I too had some issues w/ smaller consumable raw bones, and it just causes too much fear for me.

I bet your boys would love 'em .

Whole Foods doesn't always have them...so if you're making a trip to Whole just for that, maybe call ahead and see if they have them in stock.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!