Thread: Anxiety...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

A couple other tips for dealing with stress/anxiety that work for me.

- Cut back on caffeine
- Make lists for EVERYTHING. Food store lists, daily to do lists, lists on what you want to do if you have time, lists on what you'll ask others to do. This keeps you organized and you don't pressure yourself to remember every little detail. Write it all down. This has helped me sooooo much, you have no idea!
- Take a few extra mins before doing something and see if you can combine things on your to do list or set yourself up for a another thing by completing something else.
- Take a few mins, a few times a day... do nothing. I mean nothing. Don't talk, don't read, don't write, maybe pet your pup while sitting quietly. Let your mind wander. When I take time to do this I realize some of the answers on how to make things easier just click into place, its a matter of letting your mind put things together on it's own.
- Lastly.... don't make a mountain out of a molehill. In other words, don't make something bigger than it should be just to stress yourself out or let others know how much is going on in your life. I hope that makes sense.

Right now, my grandmother is very very ill. I can choose to believe she has cancer (doctors are testing for lymphoma) or I can choose to sit back and wait until the test results come in. There is nothing I can do and thinking her illness is cancer is (right now) making a mountain out of a mole hill. I have time to think about, process and come up with a game plan for IF she does and how I can help. Not time to panic and cry and make it something huge until I know for sure!

I hope that helps!

PS - I own a business (and it's struggling), I work a full time job, contract for my old company on the side also. I am planning a rather large wedding for March (50 days from today), have 2 dogs, 2 part time step kids. My mother is becoming a house guest for 2 months, and my grandmother is ill.

My game plan.. stay rational and have plenty of wine on hand! Oh and don't sweat the small stuff!

(((HUGS)))
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!