Thread: Anxiety...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Ive had 2 anxiety attacks that I can remember in my life. Both were at the same restaurant and both came out of nowhere. I was sitting there eating with my fiance, and after we were done I started feeling weird.... then out of nowhere, I just had to GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT NOW!!!! That's the only thought in my head. My heart beat was rapid, my breathing was heavy and I had to leave at that moment. It was the weirdest feeling. The last time it happened was 2 years ago.

I really try hard to keep my stress to a minimum and let go of the little things more, like cleaning the floors the night before the kids come to stay for the weekend, since that was such a waste of my time and really not that big of a deal for 2 more days. I have also learned to say no when I have to. Sometimes I just can't do it all and I used to try to. I guess with age, comes wisdom. I know what I can and can't handle and when my plate is already full. I also have learned to shy away from people who are negative, or who feel sorry for themselves, or try to make me feel bad about myself. That has helped immensely. Of course this means I have fewer friends, but the ones I have now are the ones that make me feel good and I make them feel good. We are on even playing field so the friendship is true & real, not tinged with jealousy, envy or guilt.

Anxiety is not fun! good luck with the talk with your doctor, hopefully he/she has some suggestions to help you cope before meds.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!