View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Desperate.... Prayers For Dottie

I know this forum is for yorkies, but I hope it's ok to ask for prayers for our other furkids here as well. Dottie is my german shorthair pointer mix, she's 11 years old. I had to take her for x-rays yesterday (she was sick last week and labs were done, doc thought it was the new food that made her sick cause the labs weren't really bad, white count was up very lil, not even enough to need antibiotics.) The x-rays yesterday showed a very enlarged uterus, the doctor said it's either pyometra or cancer, either way, she HAS to have the surgery. They also found a mamallary tumor and severe arthritis in her spine. My regular vet isn't comfortable doing the surgery because he said with all that is going on with her, it's a serious surgery and he isn't equipped with what Dottie needs should things go wrong on the table. The facility that is doing her surgery can't get her in until Monday. They are closed on Monday, but the doctor said to bring her in and he will do the surgery then. If there are any cancelations before then, they have Dottie at the top of the list and they will do it sooner. I'm so sick with worry, Dottie is my heart and I'm scared to death of losing her. If you wouldn't mind, could you please send up as many prayers as possible for Dottie, that she can hang on until Monday and can pull through the surgery. Our regular vet said with her age, surgery itself can be fatal. Thank you in advance.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!