Thread: Anxiety...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
DJDB
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherm0890 View Post
For the last several months I have been dealing with anxiety. It is getting to an unbearable point. I am by no means unhappy, just constantly worrying about every little thing. Does that make sense? I can't shake the feeling of being nervous about something. I am way busy, I own my own business with my fiance, am planning a wedding, doing an internship, and am the president of two college organizations. I think the stress is getting to me, but its weird because I feel like its all under control, but still have a knot in my stomach that I can't pinpoint what it is...I have an appt Wednesday to see a doctor to discuss this, but was wondering if in the meantime anyone had experience with this?
I can relate completely. I believe it's just that when you're under that kind of stress, something has to give.

I'm going through this right now, too. Just saw a doctor yesterday and I have to fill out a questionnaire about anxiety and depression and bring it back in to discuss the results. I really feel it's just too much going on at once. Just bought a house with by b/f, who is now my fiance, and we're also planning a wedding. I'm an accountant and tax season is here so I'm working a lot. I'm also taking university courses part time, but am on a time crunch because my boss wants to retire and he's waiting for me to get my designation. On top of that, there's a co-worker who my boss has suggested might get to take over if he finishes school first. Add to that the blended family issues, because my fiance has no kids but I have a teenaged daughter, and differences in how to handle money... and... *pop*.... stress and anxiety levels are through the roof. I also don't have any friends - heck, where would I find the time??? So, I can't really talk to anyone about anything. I'm finding it hard to stay focused and some days it's hard to just get out of bed because I feel so hopeless.

I feel that medication is not an answer, but it can help get you through the toughest times so you can start to sort things out. Personally, I'm going to start seeing a counsellor. Maybe they can make suggestions to help me deal with the stress.

I hope you feel better. Maybe once the wedding is over things will calm down enough so you can deal with the "regular" things. Just know that there are definitely others out there who understand. You're not alone.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!