View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
BUDDYLEXI

Unlove Yorkie Pup Has Parvo

I just adopted my 2 month old Yorkie a week ago from someone who seemed very reputable to me!...but I guess not. I have grown to love him so much over these past few days that I've had him. Unfortunately, two days ago he started vomiting and would diarrhea after eating and drinking. At first I thought he might just have an upset stomach but after a night of getting sick every two or so hours I knew something wasn't right. I read online that sometimes puppies get very stressed out with all the changes living in a new home and that it will cause them to get sick and I was hopeful that was his only problem. I was up with him most of the night and he was looking worse and worse. The poor little thing would get out of his bed to drink water and would start to fall asleep with his head in the water dish which was worrying me that he could potentially drown himself! He was so weak. The next morning I fed him some Pedialyte in his water dish and also some Karo syrup for Hypoglycemia. I was happy when I realized that it'd been 3 hours since throwing up but it was short lived. He threw up all all of his pedialyte/water/karo syrup I took him to the vet and they ran tests which came back positive for Parvovirus. She told me the outlook was 50/50 in any dog and that it was a slim chance for him especially due to only weighing 2.4 lbs and being 8 weeks old. She said that this was most likely given to him from his mother. As I type he is currently on IV fluids being treated for dehydration, nausea, pancreatic inflammation, and being tested for various other things that could be wrong with him due to the Parvo. I'm so worried about my little baby he must be so scared right now. I didn't even get to say good bye to him at the vets office and I pray he doesn't die. He is being treated for 3 nights. This is the first night, I plan on visiting him in the morning.
Does anyone else have a story to tell of their Yorkie puppy having Parvo? Did everything turn out Ok? Its hard to sleep knowing that he's so sick and is potentially on his death bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-1.JPG (94.7 KB, 135 views)
BUDDYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!