View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
neelofar
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Cant figure out whats wrong :-(

So I am new to YT and just recently got a small yorkie a few months ago. Hes about 6 months old and weighs 2.5 pounds. I'm just not sure what to do anymore, and was hoping someone had some advice!! About a month after I got little Dexter, he got giardia, which lasted quite some time (two rounds of panacur and two rounds of flagyl), but he is finally testing negative for giardia.

In the middle of the giardia I decided to switch food to wellness, which he loves! After he was testing negative for giardia, he was still having blood in his stool...went back on flagyl and it went away while he was on the medication. Once he was off the meds the blood in stool came back. He recently had a comprehensive fecal culture, and the results came back negative meaning he is healthy.

The Vet suggested going on Hills ID and that maybe the protein intake is too much in the wellness or that he just has a sensitive stomach. We have been on the ID for 2 days now, and he still has blood in his stool! I'm in panic mode now, and the vet said the next step would be to have an ultrasound and to see an internal medicine doctor (all of which is very expensive)

Does anyone have other suggestions as to what this could be or what I can do to fix this before I give the go ahead with the ultrasound?

i'm so lost, but i love Dexter so much!!!
neelofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!