View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofreese View Post
Hi,

wylie is gorgeous by the way... I believe you had fortunately responded to my outcry, a couple of weeks ago. She had what I thought was a test but I now found out through YT that it was merely a blood panel. My vet said all came back fine and she/he/she ( I spoke with three of the four associates in the practice) did not believe that she had cushings, but that they did find crystals in her urine indicating possible bladder stones. That was a shock since I didn't see any symtoms, if there all even symptons.

I had been feeding her tons of carrots to try to get her mind off of "real" food, but apparentely now my vets are telling me by giving her this constant salald of vegetables as treats, (green beans (no salt canned), fresh sweet potatoe, green pepper, apple etc.) I have now caused those.

to date I have cut out all vegetables and fruits and give her kibble as her treat and cheerios.. not even knowing if those can harm her.. read on here they are safe.

Changed her food from ziwipeak back to reduced calorie natural balance which I feel is way too hard for her to digest, even watered down.

So in answer to your question.. $300 dollars later at last visit, after about six bouts of ear infections going back and forth from left to right.. blackenss on her vaginal area which comes and goes, and now an over abundants of growths and "age spots", loss of hair, dryness of skin.. now I see wrinkled appearance on belly that almost looks like stitching on her belly that I never even noticed in over nine years, she is of course spayed and had a hernia at birth.. but never noticed that scarring.. as my husband keeps saying.. "stop looking sooooo much, for bad things".. now a small growth on her upper front arm looks like it is falling off and much darker and new brown raised growth on her back near the supposed "brown flat age spot" and one white wart looking thing on her lower torso.

I sound like I am singing the xmas song... and a partridge on a bare back..

Sorry for the silliness but I am seriously going out of my mind and on top of this she is long overdue for a dental and has the worst breath.

Please help so I know what I should ask once again today.
I agree with you vet, I think your dog may even be malnourished due to all the snacks. I'm one of those people who have said unsweetened cheerios were safe, but I didn't mean as part of the diet to quench hunger pains. I used the cheerios for training and when Joey was a puppy, I gave them to him during his baths so he would be more cooperative. However as an adult, I use his regular food for most training. Some vets say a few unsalted green beans are okay, if you want to fill them up, and they need to lose weight, some of the snacks you give have a high Glycemic Index, such as carrots and can actually make the dog hungrier. Also, if you are giving too many snacks even what you think are healthy snacks, your dog really isn’t getting the proper nutrition. A healthy human diet is not a healthy canine diet. I think I would find a dog food and pretty much stick with that and forget about all the snacks, which may not be adding as much nutrition as you think. It may also help to talk her for walks if you want to maintain her weight rather than restrict her food so much. Also, I would try to get her a dental as soon as possible, infected teeth can cause other problems. The warts or moles, often come with age, and these are things you might want to ask your doctor about.

Join today and remove this ad!