View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrfnKiva View Post
i'm just wondering .....how much private information do you put on facebook?

i know with me i don't put much of anything.....maybe pics of my soap, garden, dog. nothing that private. if i want to talk about anything really private it's done in pms or emails or phone. the internet is never private really.

i am the type of person that hates change and always complained about anything changing on facebook to the point of posting signs and making a big stink about it for days. but i am a visual type of person, i LOVE artsy stuff. and when i saw a friends wall that had Timeline on it and she had these big beautiful pictures of yorkies on it, it suddenly appealed to me and i'd thought i try it.
but that's me.

i'm sorry if i stirred things up too much here.

i was just trying to understand.
I agree with you.... with or without privacy settings, people's personal information gets leaked all over the place, not just the internet. So you can stop putting it out there... stop using credit cards, stop going to the ATM, don't pay bills online. Everything you do is tracked pretty much. I put nothing on facebook that I don't care if the whole world knows. I only have people I KNOW personally as friends and everyone else is just blocked entirely. I don't track myself and post it to facebook, using like foursquare. I also signed up using an email address I never check, so I don't even get junk email from facebook to my real email address.
don't put personal info out there and you won't feel helpless. Facebook is a fun and interactive tool, do not make it your lifeline to the world in general by putting your entire life story on it and expecting that of your family & friends.

Sorry if I sound harsh! I read that article and the comments below (the article, not here) and thought some people really are completely ignorant.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!