Thread: Very itchy
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Did you use any conditioner after the Dawn? My hands are always very dry after doing dishes, imagine if you used it as a body wash! I would put some coconut oil on the irritated spot until you can get to the vet.

Uni was also really itchy. More than usual. The vet gave her a steroids shot and some antihistamines along w mediated shampoo. We don't know what she got so itchy, but she hasn't been itching since we got back from the vet. Hope your baby feels better soon.

I didn't use a conditioner afterwards. I didn't realize how strong the Dawn would be on her skin much less ours! She really needs a haircut so when I take her to her groomer, I'm going to see if she has a special kind of shampoo or soothing shampoo that she can use.

The irritated spot seems to have gotten better since the other day. She still seems to be brushing up against the furniture though. I'm really hoping that it was just the Dawn that dried out her skin and not the Advantix because the Advantix really seemed to work well.

Thank you
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!