View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
CrimsonLuvsLola
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Making progress with my little foster!

Kouklas food aggression issue is SOOOO much better! I just had to reintroduce her to the fact that she is one of the pack and that she has her own food bowl, not sharing with Lola. The potty situation is soon to be under control, as a friend of mine is donating an old crate to me.

Unfortunately, my sister is not returning my calls, or emails. She actually has her cell phone disconnected now. I doubt I will ever hear from her again. My aunt did say that if I can get her potty situation under control, that she would be willing to take her. I hope that crate training takes. The crate I'm getting is a Golden Retriever sized one but I found this great idea online.

It involves making a partition in the crate, with a hole big enough to walk through. The "bedroom" side is just big enough to turn around in, the "bathroom" side (rest of the crate) has potty pads in it. Instead of forcing the dog to hold it all day (since I'm at work for long periods of time) she has a place to go potty, and eventually, she should associate that place as her potty spot even if she isn't in the crate. I hope it works. As for my sister, I give up. I'll either give Koukla to my aunt after potty training is over, or surrender her.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!