View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
julietravels
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkOfTheShire View Post
It isn't a gimmick. The sun can be damaging to dogs' eyes over time. It has been proven that limiting the exposure to sunlight slows the formation of canine cataracts, too. It is encouraged that pet owners take their dogs for their walks either early in the morning or early in the evening, or both...but not during the part of the day where the sunlight is the strongest.

Some canine cataracts are caused by other things, and lifestyle is a factor, but shielding your dogs eyes actually is recommended if they are out in the sun for long periods of time, especially the sunlight that occurs from late morning to early afternoon. =]

Ours aren't outside very often at all...and they don't wear visors or sunglasses because of that.
Thanks so much for the information. Because of it, I have been searching online for the perfect sunglasses for Brandy and decided on Doggles with a leopard print that I found on E-Bay. We live on a beach and just 2 days ago we were out playing and the wind was blowing sand at her. I am sure they will be great for keeping the sand and sun out of her eyes. I can't wait to get them. Hopefully she will keep them on.
julietravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!