Thread: Very itchy
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Dawn liquid could have definitely made her more itchy. I did this a little while ago with Jackson - he was a bit more itchier than usual, and I thought it was odd. I did also find almost speck dirt looking things on his belly, but never any fleas, and he was on Frontline at the time. He was also licking at his butt a lot for a few nights, and it was not the anal glands. I have no idea, but I attributed it to food... I had just switched him to a new food and we were on the 2nd bag when this started... it did not go away until a week of being on a new grainfree food. It could have been coincidence but he hasn't been itchy since. So I am not really sure... could have even just been the weather, I suppose....
Thanks for your reply. My mom had even said that the dawn definitely could have done it because it's pretty strong stuff and being that I scrubbed her twice with it (apparently maybe I shouldn't have) it just may have really irritated her skin. Like I said, I haven't found any black specks since washing her nor any fleas. Her poor skin just seems a little dried out. She isn't covered in dandruff or anything, I mean of course here and there I'll find a little dander flake but between the dawn and the dryness of our house I'm sure it isn't helping her. Heck, even my scalp has been drier than usual.
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!