View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Gen
Yorkie Yakker

Default 2yr old pad trained Yorkie now peeing on rugs!!!

I have read just about everything out there to help me house train our 2 yr old male Yorkie Hadley. He has been using a puppy pad in his own private closet since day one. He has been doing so great with this and I was so proud of myself for training him to use it. He HATES the cold. So going outside during winter here in Oklahoma is not an option. He will go outside when its nice as well but prefers the pad. That is until the past few weeks. Now he has decided to urinate on rugs. We have hard wood and tile throughout our home. No carpet. But we do have rugs in almost every room. He does not go on our large rug under the dining room table, only on the small rugs ( such as in front of each door and under the kitchen sink). Over the last few weeks I have now had to throw out 4 different rugs. This is getting expensive. I have now been forced to confining him back in his room when we are gone and I guess instead of letting him sleep with my daughters he will have to sleep confined as well. Which I HATE. My question is, why would a trained 2 yr old start using rugs???? He has been trained for a very long time, with only occasional mishaps on a towel in the bathroom floor after my husband had come in from the barn. Which I am assuming he was covering the scent of the horses. I need help. I really don't want to have to remove all the rugs in the house. Is there anything you can spray on the rugs themselves to make him not want to urinate there? Thanks for any advice
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!