View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
DJDB
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn0405 View Post
My husband and I will be married a year on March 18th and I want to do something nice for him and I just don't know what. Our money is tight and I would love to just take off somewhere for a few days, but I know wish his and my job that wouldn't be possible. We never took a honeymoon and I was trying to get my noodle going to see if there was something I could come up with.

I couldn't help but think of It's a Wonderufl Life where she has the Hawaii posters all up and has the music playing with the birds rotating on the fire in order to make up for not going on a honeymoon (I know call my corny).
Congratulations! That sounds like a nice idea.

Not sure how these things work in your area, but my fiance and I have an Air Miles account, and have credit cards that collect air miles for every $15 in purchases. We pay all our regular expenses through the credit card (groceries, gas, cable, phone, etc), and end up with lots of air miles every year. We then cash them in on hotel stays. We don't cash them in on flights because in Canada you still have to pay taxes and fees - and honestly, that makes up most of the cost of tickets!

Anyway, something to think about for future anniversaries!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!