View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
For me that's what is going to drive me away. I reluctantly joined Facebook in the first place, and I only stayed because of the high privacy settings. I have less than 50 friends because that's what I choose to have. After reading the article, it seems like I'll have less control of what goes public. The timeline idea is great. If it was a program that you can have on your computer to chronicle your life sounds pretty awesome. I'm just not a fan of how public it is and how users are forced to go back and delete everything because the privacy settings are so relaxed.
This is a big issue for me too, being a young business person, I have friends, past clients (which are all children who took horse riding lessons from me) and business professionals, old bosses etc on my FB. I try really hard to not post things that are embarrassing, but for instance the other day I posted:

"Had a good check up for the little man... trying a new shampoo that should help clear up the itch, it looks as if his dry skin is starting to clear up.... maybe a light at the end of the tunnel? On other news... I think Petsecure is going to hate me this year... definitely putting the insurance to the test this year."

Well an immature friend of mine made an inappropriate comment about my BF (let your mind wander...), when I was clearly talking about Harley. *facepalm*

I sooooo don't want to have to delete all of my past posts. May just go make a new account and get rid of the old one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!