View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #168
imdll
Senior Yorkie Talker

My Lu went on a hunger strike when we first brought her home, scared me to death. Lu was 18 months old at that time and nearly 3.5 lbs, I can only imagine the stress you have been feeling with such a tiny and young puppy.

As others have already mentioned sometimes feeding out of your hand works. Something else that worked with Lu was playing with her food. We would take one piece and put it on the floor and kind of bat it so it would skitter on the floor near her. She seemed to enjoy the game and it kept her interested in her food and she did tend to eat some when we were playing, even though she wasn't eating anything if we weren't involved in either playing or holding it in our hand.

It's strange that Bella would eat for the Vet but hasn't eaten for you at home. Maybe when you talk to the Vet they will be able to tell you anything that they may have done differently. It is likely though that Bella is just feeling your stress. I know Lu is very sesitive to how I am feeling and when we travel she takes a little bit to settle into eating.

I wish you well as you get the kinks worked out of Bella's eating issues. It sure is nice to read that she is doing so much better. I'm sure things will continue to improve and as she improves you will feel less stressed as well. Hope to hear more good news soon.

Last edited by imdll; 01-26-2012 at 04:53 PM.
imdll is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!