View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Default Chip and our newborn - help please

We brought home our newborn daughter from the hospital on Monday. Smokey is great with her. In fact, he seems to care less and is extremely relaxed. Chip on the other hand is infatuated with her and it worries me. He won't relax and especially if one of us is holding her. When I'm standing and holding her, he jumps up and down and my legs and once he nipped at the bottom of her sleeper which is thankfully a little too long for her, but he got the bottom of it and pulled it down some. Another time I bent down to pick something up off the floor when I was holding her and he lunged toward us and when he hit me, I almost fell backwards. Just now I was holding her and she was sleeping, he was sitting beside us, all tensed up, but behaving himself so my cell phone rang and when I went to sit up to look at it, he actually nipped at the top of her head and got her a little bit. He didn't hurt her and she didn't even wake up, but it's the idea. I don't know what to do. I love Chip beyond words, he's been my baby for the past 5 years, but I will not have him hurting my newborn daughter. Please help... I don't know what to do.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!