View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalice40 View Post
I am probably talking in circles for I was just considering keeping one but decided not to. When my daughter moves out and takes hers with her, I will likely get another one and I would like a small standard size pup. Not obsessed with anything. If he grows bigger, I would love him all the same. My female put on weight from having pups. She was smaller before that. And sure I know the responsibility of a dog. I have a few you know. Well, I think it's up to CKC for the standards of whether you can breed your dogs or not and her pups are healthy. My family has 2 and I know they are fine.

Well I looked up some breeders online with these pups and they looked a bit sickly. And I know what I said some of them do, starve them, that is what they do. It's sick. No, I'm sure not everyone does. I have seen really healthy tiny adults.

I don't know why anyone here is getting in their heads that I would not care about the health of one of my dogs, excuse me, but you don't have a clue what your talking about. So lay off.

I am not caught up on size. I have yorkies that are a good healthy size. I'm not sending them away because they aren't. I just think a smaller one is so adorable but I guess it's an awful thing to think that. Whatever.
I must admit to being somewhat confused. I thought you lived in the US? Of course in Canada the CKC The Canadian Kennel Club is responsible for publishing the standards which are safeguarded and protected through the National Yorkshire Terrier Club of Canada. Just like the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America safeguards and protects the standards in the US. That is the YTCA, the CKC in the US has no authority at all in this regard.

I am of the understanding that ckc in US is not a reputable registry at all.

So tell me what are the health checks mandated by this ckc? What pre breeding tests?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!