View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #15
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Master of the pee scene!

Ok folks, you are now in my area of expertise! Lets just keep in mind that all our babies are different, sooooo what may work for some may not work for others, or as I usually find what works for everyone else never works for me! However, I really think I have this down to a T!!

1. Bissell (as mentioned above) this Bissell is an upright no hoses just for carpeting, although for a little more you can get one with an attachment for floors) I purchased mine at Walmart for $80 dollars on sale. This machine takes 5 mins to put together, you will need a phillips head screw driver for the 3 screws.

2. Gate, if possible, gate the room where your baby soiled.

3. Odo Ban (NOT THE PET FORMULA) it comes in 2 scents.

4. 1/4 cup white vinegar.

5. Out spray, found in pet section.

6. Large basket with a snuggly blanket or a regular bed pillow, or something else they can't move!

Step 1. Clear the entire area of any debris, toys etc. (no need to move furniture unless you suspect they are soiling there)

Step 2. Fill the Bissell solution container with the vinegar 1 cup water and the rest with Odoban. I use hot (not burning hot) water. (my mom heats all ingredients in a bowl in microwave, again NOT burning hot).

Step 4. Attach solution container to Bissell and vac away, going over the soiled areas several times. Refill container as many times as necessary based on size of your work area. when you are almost done go over the rug several times without squeezing the trigger! This will suction up most of the wetness.

Step 5. Leave the room and keep your baby out! You may want to open/crack a window.

Step 6. In about 2-3 hours, when carpet is dry, spray previously soiled areas with OUT, then the entire carpeted surface. Let dry about 30 mins to 1 hour.

Step 7. Place a basket, pillow or other item on the area that they favor and leave it there for a couple of days!

Step 8. Remove gate and play away!

Seems like a lot here right? This process takes about 20-30 mins and is the only thing that works for me.

Miss Mini (almost 7 years old) never soils my carpets anymore. I do this every week.

Miss Mia (12 weeks) soiled my carpet. I have gated the room and did the process immediately.

I keep my Bissell handy because it is that easy. You can use it immediately upon soiling an small areas too! no need to grab paper towels just keep your bissell handy.

Good Luck
Lynn
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!