View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Dazzlingdoodles
Senior Yorkie Talker

Okay I am not a pro but Sukie is at the same age and Roscoe is a humper(he is not fixed as I am mentoring with a wonderful breeder this whole year and plan to become a breeder some time in the future.) Anyways okay so as far as the biting. I don't think he means to be agressive but he needs to learn quickly that it is not okay!

What I did for Sukie was ANYTIME she would even try to "play bite" me I would quickly say "ouch" in a high tone, like it really hurt. As soon as she stopped I would say "good sukie, no bite" and give her a treat. I NEVER crated her because her crate is her safe spot not a punishment spot. After a couple times while thinking she was hurting me she just stopped and now she doesn't even try to play bite my hands anymore. Any aggression needs to be fixed ASAP because even though they are cute and little they still have to know you are their pack leader and you are in charge not them.

Also as far as the humping Roscoe use to try to hump my shoes and anything else. We bought him a pillow pet(yeah I went there LOL!) and anytime he humped anything he was given a stern NO! and I would redirect him to his pillow pet. It took about a week but now it is the only thing he will hump. I know a lot of people discourage humping all together but for me I don't mind because it isn't often and as long as it is only on the pillow pet. Humping your arm is not okay and you need to redirect him and let him no it's not okay. Even if it means putting a treat on the thing you would allow him to hump until he catches on.

He is still a baby so he will be easily distracted! Use that to your advantage when redirecting.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!