Thread: Best detangler
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
This tool is a no no...it actually cuts/rips out the hair.

You want to use a good quality pin brush (no balls @ the end) & or comb to work out the tangles, together w/line brushing. Those not familiar w/line brushing, start w/one section of hair, grab the hair & lift it up, brushing downwards in layers starting from the bottom working your way up. Brushing this way ensures you get all the hair smoothed out. I've found any 'conditioning' spray on the market works fairly well.
CC Ice on Ice has silicon agents to coat & protect the hair from dirt & urine, so there can be build up & actually cause more tangles on dirty hair.

The mat splitter is a big no no for silky yorkie coats, and basically any coat that you want to keep looking good. I only really use it on big hair dogs that have managed to turn their rear end furnishings into a natural disaster.

Line brushing is the best way to ensure you have a tangle free coat.

Ice on Ice, as well as a lot of other detanglers, do have silicones in them which is what makes the hair "slippery" and easy to get knots out. It does build up in the coat after a while so it is recommended to use a clarifying shampoo every now and then to remove all the residue and build up in the coat. There are some leave in conditioners/detanglers that do not have silicones in them that are good too. I believe Stazko leave in conditioner and Cherry Brook Groom Spray do not. I have both of those as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!