View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzw00dy View Post
The new guy we took in (Titus) is a real cutie for the most part. He can be very loving, plays without biting, licks your face and is mostly sweet... but when he gets obsessed about something, he turns into a biter.

[COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]Words[/COLOR][/COLOR] do not redirect him. Words will not bring him to you. If you reach out to move him he turns and bites. It is a quick reaction. Add to that the fact that he had to be muzzled at the groomer, leads me to believe he was a pretty spoiled boy, with little direction.

I really need some ideas for dealing with this. He can't get by with poor behavior. I appreciate any suggestions you can provide.
If he is a rescue it is quite possible that this is due to fear, and could he have been abused. I doubt it is about being spoiled. Would you consider taking him to a training class and enlisting the help of a trainer.
It is hard to offer advise about the biting if we don't know the source of fear/aggression/ or history of this little guy. biting isn't just about territory, could be pain, fear/ memory of past abuse, etc.
As far as words bringing him to you, have you been training him as if he is a new puppy? Starting from the beginning might be a good idea. Teach him the come command first and work from there.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!