View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
impish
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Funny how different people read things so differently.

First to the OP, glad you felt like you should check in with others once the problem had passed to see if you could figure it out and if you should take further action. Also glad you've identified the issue it sounds. If you see an increased number of incidents, I personally would check in with your vet.

To bWY, I noticed one person saying check with your vet if it gets worse, another suggesting it could be something and taking the time to go get a video to show physically what it could be.

I DIDN'T notice anyone saying "no big deal"

What I DID notice, is there has been only one person in this thread who instead of offering advice to the OP, (whether it be go to the vet, or not) spent time commenting on others actions.

My two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bWY39 View Post
Once again I read a plea for help with an animal in trouble.
In my mind I see a person sitting at a computer typing the above whilst the Yorkie is laying on the floor gagging for air.

This person then sits back drinking coffee whilst waiting for somebody on YT to answer the plea for help. This could be today, tomorrow, next week or perhaps never but whilst waiting the Yorkie continues to gasp.

Suddenly an answer arrive which says something along the lines of....

"I have no clue as to what the problem is but don't worry it will pass"!

Another message arrives asking a question but no suggestion as the the problem and so it goes on.

I just can not get my head around this as I have FOUR little babies of my own and I can tell you this..........

If any of them show any signs of anything I am not happy about then off to the vet regardless of cost.

One of my little one started gagging at 1am this lasted a few minutes so I did an emergency call out which cost me a small fortune.
The vet examined her and said there is no problem but confirmed I had done the right thing as it could have been just about anything but suspected it was a problem with her Trachea and suggested I read the following :

Collapsed Trachea|Small Dog Throats

Now I ask any reader not to judge me on this post I am in no way chastising the OP all I am saying is I can not understand why people post a plea for help like this instead of calling the professional right away.
After all, your pet totally relies on you for everything.
impish is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!