View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
BabyFidgette
Learn Yorkie CPR!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bWY39 View Post
Once again I read a plea for help with an animal in trouble.
In my mind I see a person sitting at a computer typing the above whilst the Yorkie is laying on the floor gagging for air.

This person then sits back drinking coffee whilst waiting for somebody on YT to answer the plea for help. This could be today, tomorrow, next week or perhaps never but whilst waiting the Yorkie continues to gasp.

Suddenly an answer arrive which says something along the lines of....

"I have no clue as to what the problem is but don't worry it will pass"!

Another message arrives asking a question but no suggestion as the the problem and so it goes on.

I just can not get my head around this as I have FOUR little babies of my own and I can tell you this..........

If any of them show any signs of anything I am not happy about then off to the vet regardless of cost.

One of my little one started gagging at 1am this lasted a few minutes so I did an emergency call out which cost me a small fortune.
The vet examined her and said there is no problem but confirmed I had done the right thing as it could have been just about anything but suspected it was a problem with her Trachea and suggested I read the following :

Collapsed Trachea|Small Dog Throats

Now I ask any reader not to judge me on this post I am in no way chastising the OP all I am saying is I can not understand why people post a plea for help like this instead of calling the professional right away.
After all, your pet totally relies on you for everything.
No, I'm not going to chastise you. But, the OP did say that her baby was feeling better and not in immediate danger. I'm an EMT (people not animals) and so many humans are SO quick to dial 911 when 9 out of 10 times going to a primary care physician (or doing nothing) will suffice. I don't think it was wrong of her to inquire here on YT first b/c her baby was now fine. I actually wish I would have done that years ago when Baby started reverse sneezing. She ate a bully stick for the first time. Puked this nasty pee smelling grossness. Then started that gagging sound. I brought her right to the vet thinking collapsed trachea, and like you, spent a fortune. Trachea was fine and she was "sneezing." Again, all I'm saying is, if it is obvious the dog is breathing, not profusely bleeding, and/or not in immediate fatal danger inquiry first is not always wrong. These are my opinions of course.

Last edited by BabyFidgette; 01-23-2012 at 07:39 PM.
BabyFidgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!