View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Princess10
Banning Queen

Thumbs down I think I'm about to be SO mad at my family! Super rant!

Ok, so my 18 y.o. sis lives at home with my parents still. This summer she bought a terribly sick BYB's pup that passed away from parvo. My mom has 2 J.R. & my other sister's rat terrier (sis moved out recently).

Well before xmas, my mom went to this local bird store & they were fostering a deaf, 1ish y.o. chi & my sister got her. I looked at her vet papers that said she was UTD on everything but not spayed & recently ended her heat cycle. Firstly, I was mad they got her because my sis doesn't work although her bf does & this is a special needs dog. While I know they are all animal lovers they do not go above & beyond like I & many here try to. None of the dogs are on heartworm preventative, frontline, etc. Why get another dog if you're not properly caring for the others in my eyes.

That's not my main complaint. It's that Taz (R.T.) is intact (because my sister's stupid bf didn't want to emasculate him or something. He followed the chi around like white on rice. I told my mom she could still possibly get pregnant even though it physically seemed she was out of heat. I told them about the H.S. spay clinic that's just $65 for her & $50 for him. They didn't worry about it.

I stopped over yesterday & my mom said Taz wont mess with Molly anymore but now she's following him around non-stop, I think she might be pregnant...do you want one if she is? (could that be an indication?) I said heck no! First off the dog may be genetically deaf, & Taz is aggressive. My sis left him because he bit my one year old nephew on the cheek! Horrible temperment from BYB. I told her to take her to get spayed NOW, that they will do it either way. I asked her if she could afford caring for the pups & any delivery complications. Of course she got mad at me, well idc cuz I'm pissed! My mom already was a BYB once, whether she realizes it or not. She bought & bred two dalmations. The dam was evil, she jumped on me late in my pregnancy to say the least. She ended up giving the mom to our neighbors that she gave a pup to that died from parvo. My mom kept the son & the sire & they constantly got into bloody fights. It's the reason I'll never own a large breed because it was VERY traumatizing! The son seriously snapped one day, almost killing the dad & had to be put down. I saw his eyes that day & he really had checked out, I believe there really was no other option at that point.

Sorry for the novel, I'm just so frustrated! I don't want her to have puppies & I want them to understand how a dog should be taken care of. They just think I'm bi!ching & am trying to be perfect or outdo them which is not the case. Am I so wrong in my frustrations? Do I have unreal expectations because I seek perfection in caring for Princess when at all possible?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!