Thread: Heartguard Help
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Question Heartguard Help

Hey guys! Well today is Katie Scarlett's Heartguard day. I give her the Heartguard chewable on this day once a month. Usually she goes crazy over it. She either gobbles it right up or plays chase with it for a while nibbling off a bit at a time until it is gone. Well this morning, I gave her the chewable right after our morning grooming as I always do and she did not want anything to do with it. I tried to hold it in my hand, I put it near her food, I tried to 'play' with it with her to get her interested in it...nothing. So I did a little research and found where some had good luck breaking up the chewable and mixing it with a teeny bit of peanut butter. Katie Scarlett LOVES her Kong Peanut Butter in her Kong toy, so I tried that. Well she would put a little bite in her mouth, swirl off all the peanut butter, and put the remaining Heartguard back on the plate???!!!!

What do I do? How can I get her to take her Heartguard? Should I call the vet and ask about switching to a pill or something? IDK what is up and whey she doesn't like them anymore.

Thanks for any help!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!