View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
qtyorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Litter training after training to go outside

I have 3 dogs. I have a Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, and a Miniature Poodle. I've had the chi nearly two years. The yorkie has been with us for nearly a month, and the mini poo has been here a little over a week. I have been having the dogs go outside to potty, but the weather is so terrible. The chi and my family used to live in So California so we didn't have to deal with snow and cold as much. We're in Reno NV and it snows here. The wind is the worst part because it can be around 80 miles an hour give or take. Our house is also new so we don't have any landscaping in the back and our front yard is very small and mostly decorative rocks and bushes.

I am using a big pan for the litter box and I'm using recycled newspaper litter. I sprayed some some from Natures Miracle on the littler to entice the dogs to go potty in the litter. I have the litter box in the garage. The dogs went potty next to the litter box. My chi wouldn't go at all. I let them outside after a while and they peed. My mini poo had her first accident in the house about 20 minutes after being outside. She pooped upstairs just a few feet behind us.

I'm ready to give up and just brave the horrible winds, cold,snow and muddy backyard. My two little dogs don't like walks so that's not a really good option. I know it's so soon to give up, but I'm afraid that my dogs will start to have accidents in the house because I'm trying to get them to go in the litter box or they'll just keep going around the litter box. I put a poop and some pee from my yorkie and some pee from my mini poodle in the litter box.
qtyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!