View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 06:32 AM   #15
Cherry
YT Addict

I can't begin to tell you the problem I had with this. It was awful for the first month. Everynight crying in the crate. So I took him out and let him sleep in a bed on the floor next to mine. I then suffered almost 3 months with his barking and crying because I felt bad putting him back in. Iwould get up at 6am and sleep with him on the couch. Well finally my boyfriend had enough of me not being in bed. And my eyes were over the circles I had going on. So I sucked it up and the crate came back out. It has been about 2 months and he doesnt cry at all. Only an occasion bark when he hears a door close. Or a whimper when one of us walks past to go to the bathroom.

I keep and loud ticking clock on the outside of his crate. I keep a chewy bone in there and a blanket that both him and I use to nap with lead him in with a toy. Usually throw it in and he follows...lol As soon as the door closes and before he has a chance to start he gets a good boy and a piece of a cookie.

Good luck!

Oh also I found earplugs at night would work if you can hear him from your bedroom.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!