View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Farleys
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by withchoco View Post
I'm in need of the best dry food - ultra premium quality - for Choco.
He has been eating Orijen Red, and some members on YT warned that Orijen contains too much protein and may be too rich for inactive Yorkies.

Since it has been too cold in Boston, Choco mostly runs around the house and plays hard for about 2-3 hours per day. For the rest of the day, he prefers to sit on my laps or sleep in his bed.

His skin is rather dry and hair is a bit dull. So I'm determined to find him the best food to keep him healthy, as his primary diet is dry food.
Some have recommended Kiwipeak, but also warned that it contains too much fat for indoor dogs.

I am planning on free-feeding him, and considering that he is not a super active puppy, could you please recommend the ultra premium quality dry food that is not too rich/fatty? (preferably small bites so that I can use them as training treats as well)
I am not so much concerned about the price/store locations, as long as I can find them online.

Thank you!
Was he having problems or gaining weight with that food? Because its a good food, i would personally try the 6 fish orijen to see if it helps your guys skin.
Even a lower protein and lower fat food wouldnt be good if he eats too much. Unless he isnt a big eater, i would avoid free feeding. Many have done really well on orijen. Just curious mainly if he was having problems on it? Or if your just going off of the fact that others recommended not feeding it. You may have already done this, but there is alot of awesome info available on orijens website that may help you. But unless he is having diarrhea or other stomach troubles, i would personally stick with the orijen since he is already used to it, and try the fish one which would prob really help his skin. I have seen this one do wonders for my sisters dog with dry skin.
But what one dog does awesome on, others do not, so each dog is different. But there are alot of small dogs who do awesome on this food.
Farleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!