View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #21
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
A dog with a flawed temperament should never be breed, no matter how perfect the dog might be in other ways.
That sentence reminds me of my last yorkie, Chelsea. She was a beautiful show-quality looking yorkie. She was by far the best looking pup out of the litter of just 4 females. I remember at the time, wondering why the breeder wasn't keeping her, but was keeping one of the other females....until I watched the puppies interact.

Chelsea was soooo incredibly nervous/skittish. Her mom seemed to recognize it too and she picked on her noticeably more than all the other puppies, which in turn led them to follow mom's lead and pick on her too. I spent hours at the breeders home trying to chose my puppy and ended up choosing Chelsea not only because she was so incredibly cute but also because I wanted to get her away from her mom & siblings who were constantly nipping at her and trying to distance themselves from her...she was the left out pup

Chelsea became more confident as she grew older, especially in the security of her home environment, although she was never what I would describe as a confident dog, but she sure was beautiful & as sweet and gentle as could be

Last edited by KazzyK810; 01-22-2012 at 07:05 PM.
KazzyK810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!