View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Dazzlingdoodles
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TutBugaloo View Post
Okay thanks, that makes me feel much better. So how much do you think I should be feeding him?
I think it depends on your lifestyle. A lot of people free feed on here and some do it by schedules. Until your pup is 16 weeks old though they should be eating every two to three hours to help prevent Hypoglycemia. It means that your puppy as low blood sugar.

It depends on what food you are feeding the puppy though honestly as to how much a day. We feed Royal Canine. For us we just feed Sukie what she wants, because as a puppy this young the chances of them overeating is very slim. My vet actually told me to do this because we are a very active family and she is goes for two walks a day plus other activities. The key is to do walks and have playtime with them and excersice them even at this age. A puppy will not over eat but they may not eat enough. We feed her every 3 hours and she nibbles until she is done. She MIGHT go through 1/2 a cup of food a day but some days a few nibbles for, just depenending on her. She is tiny and very healthy though so I have no worries! I did Roscoe the same way and he is a healthy almost adult dog who is never overeats and is very in "shape".
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!