View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna AK View Post
Yes, hubby brought home a husky/dachsund/pomeranian female in early December for my daughter's bday. She's a bundle of energy and I can see most days she just really bugs Jenna.
I'm in the process of switching Jenna to Orijen/Acana now and we're phasing out Natural Balance which seems to be giving both dogs trouble all at once. She's eating better now but I really have to insist some days that she eat. I'll be talking to her vet this week if she starts with the vomiting again or begins to refuse food.

Ops sorry you did say the in your org post.

Well she's got a lot going on doesn't she?

New food, new addition to the family all at once. Changing her food is a big deal with dogs. It takes time to adjust to the new food. It takes a toll on the system and it not easy on them.

Do it gradual: (mix old and new food) 90/10, 80/20, 50/50, and so on until you faze out the old food and are feeding all new food. It you do it all at once it cause their system to get really out of wack and causes diarrhea for weeks.

This is in some way a normal reaction to the new pup. She seems to be showing sign of nerves like you said. I would say that she is not a happy girl, at all.

Try to take some time for socialization exercises with her and the new pup. Do some commands and treats with both present and see how they get along together. Reenforce her social skills... it wont be easy but keep it up and she will adjust in time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!