View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Do you walk them together? This will help establish their bond - though it is a little tricky at first.

You may have to get in there and help things along.

First - make sure that Yoshi is being treated like the top dog in everything. Fed first; leashed first; treated first; greeted first . . and so on and so forth. (This really helped my jealous, dominant Westie to accept Lucy).

Second - is there a room that you don't use much? Where Yoshi would not feel so territorial? We used the living room that Ringo didn't spent much time in. No toys on the floor. But my son and I would take Ringo and Lucy both in there (after being separated most of the day) and try to engage them both in play. Throw the toy for one - then the other - make it fun but still - it is separate play. After a while - Ringo would allow Lucy to chase him when he had the toy and they would get to playing.

Third - try not to intervent TOO much in their squabbles. That can lead to problems too. Yoshi might offer gentle corrections to the puppy and will be looking for appeasing puppy behavior from her. As long as no one is getting hurt (definitely NO blood, etc) then try to stay out of it.

Fourth - consider a trainer if you are totally stressing about it. They are probably picking up on your stress. I know mine did.

This is just what worked for us and it did take some time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!