View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
cockerduchess
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
cockerduchess,

Many Yorkie Females are not what you'd call "laid back". Some can really have an attitude. When one gets Her sights set on being the Alpha Female, it's Katy bar the Door for any others. But, as disturbing as She is right now, I really don't think that She wants/needs to actually do much harm to the other two, just rough enough to put them on their place, and, that's in the number two slot in Her Pack. It will be up to them, to work out who's number three.

I strongly suspect, that there has been a new Male arrival in your area, (not necessarily a Yorkie) which She senses/smells, and is setting up for possible contact. This may subside (a little) after a while, but in the interim period, keep a close eye on Her when She's outside, Her "escape artists" ability may show. This has nothing to do with Her being Spayed, if in fact she is.
We did have a new neighbor move in and they have a male dog. So maybe that is what it is.They are not spayed & I know I need to have it done but my vet passed away right before the 2 oldest had appointments and I just haven't felt comfortable with any other vet in the area to have it done. They never go out to potty alone they are taken out in our fenced yard and watched while they potty and taken back in.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!