Thread: kennel license
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 04:56 AM   #9
yorkieangel
Rescue Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaschaben
Right now I have two female and one male Yorkie that we are breeding. Both are (hopefully expecting their first litters). We breed one of our females to a different stud dog in hopes to get a female that we can retain to eventually breed to our male. My question is this: at what point do you need a kennel license? What are the requirements for one, and how do you go about getting one?

Every state and town is different.
Punch a search into google using:

Dog law (and then list your state)

Then what you need to do if it says different towns have different numbers allowed is contact your local town manager or whoever governs your local town. Where I am there is NO limit on persoanl dogs per household and yet right down the street where the township changes it is 2. But that is only Personal dogs. New pups do not count until they reach a certain age. I believe 3months alot of places.
Anyways. Just punch in dog law and also can try" kennel license your state "and see what it says. My state you have to actually not only HAVE but SELL over ... um... i think 26 dogs a year to be considered that you have to have a kennel license. Now retail establishments have to always have a kennel license but not the hobby breeders unless they go over the limit of sales.
Hope you unserstood all that
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!