View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Chrissybear
Senior Yorkie Talker

Gizmo was just diagnosed with the same thing on Sunday. Same thing he would throw up and then eventually had blood in his stool. Hes on flagyl ( Metronidazole) & Cephalexin. Poor guy we have no idea where this came from. I think its from a recent 3 hours car ride from Los Angeles to San Diego... but its scary to know that we cant prevent it. Our vet did say to switch Gizmo to a new protein diet. Funny thing is Gizmo is also 3.5 pounds just like your baby and hes also 1.5 years old! Crazy!

It could defeinitly be a food allergy with your baby thats why she is constantly licking. Hair can cause a blockage and hair can not be digested by the stomach. Gizmo does get really dry skin during the winter and would lick himself. My mom has this oatmeal shampoo that i use on him and it seems to work well. I am wondering if thats whats going on with your baby. Or it could possibly be a food allergy. I know a common food allergy with dogs is grains. Gizmo is on Fromm and its grain free. I dont think that Iams is grain free. I hope you can figure it out! Its definitly a scary thing and i completely understand what your going through

Heres an article that i read today i thought it was informative!

Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis in Dogs - Whole Dog Journal Article

Gizmo's Mommy
Chrissybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!