View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
bizzbeth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Question Don't know what to do anymore... VERY treat/territory aggressive adult male

Hi All.

I've posted about this before but I really don't know what to do about this situation anymore...

My 6 year old male yorkie is EXTREMELY treat aggressive and also territorial. He will hide in his "cave"-- either a crate or under the bed-- and snarl or snap if anyone tries to get him out. Also, he will take bones and guard them. One solution is to not leave any bones on the ground but I feel like that is just avoiding the problem... is there a way to stop aggressive behavior?

We've tried praising him when he lets us pet him while holding the treat, we are very alpha with him... he seems to have little dog syndrome down to a T! If I go to grab his bone he will snarl at me and try to bite me unless I continue to repeat NO! and then once I take the bone I make him lick my hand, but he has bit my BF and our other dog on SEVERAL occasions. It is to the point that he has drawn blood :-(

I don't want to avoid this problem- I would like tips on how to start to fix it. Advise, tips, first hand experience... all welcome! Let's keep it to constructive criticism, please, no bashing.

Thank you all so much for all the help you've given and will give.
bizzbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!